Friday, February 18, 2011

Today: General Silence

Debriefing from Be Sullen: It's usually easy to just "be" what you're feeling, but as my family and friends were never guilty of any particular offense, I had to make significant effort to pick myself up by the bootstrings and disengage sullen attitude. Which is something to note, because when we were being cheery, it was easy to continue on into the evening - even if things were going poorly during the day, I was already trying to be a sunny spot in the darkness, so it's perfectly fine to take that attitude home with you, less so to take gloom and doom to someone else's doorstep for no good reason. But don't let me give you the wrong impression. I was aware of the issue as I was heading home and I managed yesterday without too much pain or difficulty.

Today, I'm going to continue General Silence.

Having still not fixed the problem of work sucking it up, I will continue to be passively angry, but magnanimously decide to spare these jerks passive aggressiveness and just keep to myself today. This is pretty much a repeat of Minimally Speaking, only now I have motive.

So out come the headphones, no one will be spoken to today. It's out of character to be unfriendly, but look on the bright side. At least I'm not starting a fight. Yet.