Thursday, February 24, 2011

Today: Closet Culling

Debriefing from Have Fun: Well it's harder to have fun when you're losing, and we lost 3 straight before most of the team disbanded to do (hopefully more fun) other things. I tried to keep spirits up, in a Be Cheerful kind of way, but it was a tough night on the Fields of Justice. Until we split up, that is. More on that in another post.

Today I'm going to Assess My Closet.

Just like Reviewing My Finances, it's high time we took a look at the sorry state of things. A ... Closet State-of-the-Union Address. Because this morning, I stood there thinking: everything that isn't in the laundry bin right now is basically unacceptable.

So the plan is, to spend at least some time this weekend, actually purchasing acceptable clothes. A heavy chore for me. I HATE shopping. But it must be done. I can't continue to go to work at this level of style-fail. (I suppose, for those of you who have the opposite problem resolve to organize your closets, find clothes that you haven't worn in a while, and cycle them to the forefront, then this weekend resolve to NOT purchase more clothes.)

First things first, I need to spend today removing the biggest offenders from my closet into the donate bin. Then I will determine what, exactly, I need to buy new, thereby creating a plan to efficiently purchase what I need from a single store, and get back out and back to video games.