Friday, March 11, 2011

Today: Speak Accurately

Debriefing on Grin and Bear It: Not my strong suit, so I feel that I gave it my best effort by being aware of both aspects, (the Sanity meter filling, and emptying) and trying to mitigate it both ways.

Today I'm going to Speak Accurately.

Very familiar from earlier resolutions. Both failures, I might add. Yesterday, my boss stopped me in the middle of a thought and said: "Hey. Why don't you try speaking in complete sentences. Because sometimes you seem to start in the middle of a topic, and none of the rest of us understand what you're saying."

I barely avoided a dramatic: "NOOOOOOOOO!" with both fists held up high.

At least I can console myself with the fact that these resolutions will genuinely help me. Remember that complaint about being ignored? Probably stems from this issue with my communication.

Ok. So that's it. It's final. When I open my mouth, I am going to state what the topic of my next statement is as a preamble.