Thursday, March 17, 2011

Today: Benefit of Doubt

Debriefing on Disproportionate Rewards: Another thing that Chuck doesn't have to deal with is calories, so uh.... that might have been good for one day, but we're done now.
And, this is a pathetic thing to admit, but while I was waiting around for a train, I found myself thinking, "I'm between missions, better start killing these zombies that are milling around..."
I almost started digging through my bag for a mascot head and fireworks, or a watergun with a gasoline can attached...

So, anyway. Enough of that, clearly.

Today I'm going to give everyone the Benefit of the Doubt.

Usually, (and it's been more noticeable lately) I can't stand people. And you could probably put a timer on it. Depending on the person, and how grating their teeny, tiny verbal or personal habits are, their timer is anywhere from 2 days, to 2 seconds. After their time is up, I can't stand being around them anymore. I will just shut them out and pretend they are not there. I cannot live with anyone! I will kill anyone I live with! The only exception was Lin, but he was hardly ever home, and Xian, who I only lived with for what, two weeks? Everyone else, even my own family, I just want to kill them after a few days. I'll chalk it up to being spoiled by Significant Other. And even then, there's the occasional day where I want to choke SO, too, but SO is a great listener so we can usually talk it out. SO? What a bad abbreviation. XO, like the navy. Anyway, XO likes it just as clean as me, just as quiet as me, and has just the same kind of humor as me. And, okay, okay, XO does all the cleaning up and cooking and grocery shopping. I'm spoiled! I admit it! When the people of the world make me want to choke something, I'll just run home and vent. "XO, people are unbearable to be around. Also, can I have a sandwich?"

Not today! We're going to pretend everyone is an awesome, interesting, worthwhile person with the occasional personality quirk that just makes them seem like a [insert your choice of derogatory term or expletive here].