Monday, March 7, 2011

LoL: Nidalee Files 1

I never considered Nidalee at all until a few days ago. Oh, I've seen HotShotGG videos (again, I don't watch those, for the record) where he's murdering every living thing on the map with her, but I just figured, she's not for the defensive-minded person like myself. But, as discussed in the latest (and possibly last) Soraka post, I need more versatility, and Nidalee is a good transition, because she has a very solid heal on top of her damage output.

The first game, I actually watched a team fight go down in front of me, while I was frantically mashing the heal button to save my allies, before I realized: "I should... probably be in there, killing them, instead," and then turned into a cougar and pounced in.

In the second game, my five-man decided to make me solo top against Sion and Garen, and it kind of went like this:
"This Sion and Garen are harassing me so hard. Boo hoo, me. "
"Hold me close, tower, you are my only friend. "
"I'm so lonely, none of my friends will come save me. "
"Oh, I'm level six. I'd better use my ult before someone on my team scolds me. "
"Huhn. I seem to have killed that Garen."
Everyone was surprised, but no one moreso than I.

So there are good games, and there are bad games. I still hang back a lot, healing, trapping, and throwing spears, but at least now, I throw spears for good damage, and get away from the fight handily with pounce. Soldiering on with Nidalee Experiment.