Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today: Mini-Goal Oriented

Debriefing from Speak Accurately: More of an ongoing thing, but so far: failure! Nan was enlisted to help me by pointing out when I start conversations in the middle - he claimed many more instances than I thought possible, and many where I couldn't divine the problem. We had just been talking about Rango, so I mentioned something about Johnny Depp! Five minutes ago? It's not fair! Your short term memory is too short!

Topic lead-ins, topic lead ins. Got to remember to preface commentary with subject lines!

Today I'm going to be Mini-Goal Oriented.

Just finished up Dead Rising 2 (I know I'm backlogged. I'm working on it.) I'll work on a review, too, but sometimes games stick with me during the workday - for instance, when I played Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, everything in the real world looked like it wanted to be climbed on. In Dead Rising, everything is a mini-goal, with associated timer bar. Some you did because the rewards were great, some you skipped because they would cost you too much time, some you have to do in order to unlock other missions later.

So today, I'm going to do that. I'm going to imagine the little arrow over my head, pointing at a mini goal, or sidequest (Sidequest 1-1: Get a Donut ---- Success!) and see how many can be accomplished in that fashion, and if the grueling chores for the day are ameliorated at all by this mechanic....