Friday, May 20, 2011

Today: Feel Sorry for Myself

Debriefing from Do Whatever I Want: You know, when you're a kid, and you say that? "I'm going to do whatever I want, because nobody's watching me?" And then you hurt yourself really bad, or get a stomachache from eating candy til you drop? Yeah, well let's just say Bloons is hard, and we should quit while we're ahead. "Ahead" in this context to mean that I finally beat the Beginning map on Easy after many hours of grueling battle with balloons and now I might regret that whole day. There is the suspicion, to accompany the bruises, that this game.... might not want you to win.

Pizza was good, though.

Today, I'm going to continue in the theme of selfishness, and Feel Sorry for Myself.

I brought up to my boss how I'm getting thrown under the bus by my one and only co-worker, and he pretty much doesn't care. That's okay, I didn't want to come off too whiny, but I just wanted to make him aware of the situation, in case other coworker shows up dead in a ditch, on fire. But it did sound a bit dismissive, as if "you were already under there, nobody needs to throw you." So, a bit unsuccessful in trying to fix my standing with the boss-man.

Nothing to be done about that! So I'm gonna go home, load up on ice cream, and kill people in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, until my job looks delightful in comparison.