Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Today: Evil Think Tank

I like my plan from Monday. It's a very good standard for a daily victory.

Today's complaint is the following:
Do you have someone at work that you hate? Probably, right? At least pretend you do, because it will make me feel better. Like, someone who is wholly incompetent, you complain about them to your friends, you certainly don't ever want to talk to them, and if they fell into a ditch and died, you'd pop the cork on that champagne you've been chilling?
I do that all the time. And I feel like it's no big deal - I don't actually push anyone into a ditch, so no one gets hurt. I don't seriously undermine them, mostly just ignore them, and don't go out of my way to keep them in the loop, or help them with a problem, or.... chat them up.
The problem is at this workplace, I seem to have become that person. Ostracized from meetings, never asked for my opinion, snapped at when I suggest things. I'm not exactly used to being the pariah of the group. The troubling matter is, when I think back to wonder if there's anything the pariah can do to get back in good graces, the answer is a big fat "nothing".
Something to ponder.

Today we're going to Brainstorm Evil Ideas.

As bad as (I feel like) I have it at work, Xian is probably worst off. Not worst off, financially. He is paid super well. Maybe too well to quit - that is part of the problem? Whatever your feelings about money, the job itself - and all the people in it - are the very bottom of the barrel of human decency. And today, we need to brainstorm ways to troll them.

Have I told you? Xian is a professional troller. His work has been bad for longer than my work has existed, and he's retaliated against the world by becoming what one might term an "Extreme Troller". He used to spend all day at work brainstorming things to yell at the other team in Team Fortress 2. And today, we're going to brainstorm things he can do to troll his office, because he is surely going to quit soon.