Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Today: Debate Skills

Debriefing from Plan Way Ahead: I seem to be on his calendar for July 9th, so that is good. I suppose this far out, there's a higher chance of getting blown off, but we'll just have to see. Lin tried to plan only a few hours ahead with him - naturally it didn't quite work out!

As for pessimism, I think I'm doing okay, but I had a really hard time with X-Men: First Class. I have a very strong pessimistic feeling on that one, and I don't think I can be swayed... That's not to say you can't watch it, just please do it without me. What evidence do I have that it's going to be so bad as to be unwatchable? I will cite X-Men 3 and stick to that reasoning.

Today I'm going to work on my Debate Skills.

I think it's not far-fetched to say that I'm a really, really bad debater. Just, bad at arguments. Somehow. It's hard to pinpoint where the failure is, but added to the Voice problems discussed before the weekend, it results in getting dismissed out of hand quite a lot, and nothing pisses a person off more. Has it not happened to you? Trust me, it is the most violence-inducing feeling on Earth.

I've got to spend a clear-headed moment rethinking my approach to the science of arguments, and try and make some tweaks. For the safety of all.