Monday, January 31, 2011

Today: Being Cheerful

Debriefing from Bath: An easy success.

Today, I'm going to be cheerful.

Three motivations:

1) Went to see a friend perform some folk dances at a Chinese New Year's celebration. I don't know anything about dance, but out of the little kids that performed before my friend (a universal traumatic event for Chinese kids) I could tell who wanted to be out there and who really, really, did not want to be. As for my friend's performance, she was the best - she just looked like she was genuinely having a great time up there! It clearly makes all the difference in a lot of matters.

2) Been playing a lot of Rebuild. Such a great game for a free flash game. And I got to thinking, if it were me out there, I'd do whichever job was needed, but I'd appreciate someone taking on the role of Cheerleader - someone to stay positive when the chips are down.

and 3) It's Monday and oh god it could not get any worse, right?

So. Thinking positive. Staying cheerful. Being the optimism that's desperately needed around these parts.