Tuesday, October 18, 2011

BQBL: Week 6 Scores

A solid recovery this week for bad quarterbacks. A lot of middlin' performances, but a lot of great things going on around the league, the best of which is two benchings and one season-ending injury. There's no points for injury, but it means that yet another team of Rob's is looking for a new QB. At this rate, we'll run dry on viable free agent QBs and Jamarcus Russell may get that call. It's like BQB Russian Roulette!
  • Nan: 48
    • Panthers - Cam Newton: 27
    • Jaguars - Blaine Gabbert: 27
    • Chiefs - Matt Cassel: bye
    • Buccaneers - Josh Freeman: -6
His two cat teams become indistinguishable from one another: they're both bad.
  • Alison: 47
    • Cowboys - Tony Romo: -1
    • Eagles - Michael Vick: 5, Vince Young: 5
    • Browns - Colt McCoy: 20
    • Lions - Matthew Stafford: 22
The Cowboys and Eagles finally get their passing games under control (except for Vince Young) and score low. The Browns and the Lions finally also get their BQBL game under control and start delivering solid numbers.
  • Me: 100
    • Redskins - Rex Grossman: 73
    • Bills - Ryan Fitzpatrick: 12
    • 49ers - Alex Smith: 10
    • Bengals - Andy Dalton: 0
Now that's more like what I'm talking about! Sexy Rexy, to the max! Lead my team to victory, Rex Grossman! And even though the Bills put up good numbers, and the 49ers won their game against the Lions, both Fitzpatrick and Smith net me positive points! That's what this team is all about, gentlemen. Being bad, and being carried by the rest of your team. After all, Rex Grossman made it to the Superbowl while throwing 5 picks a game. However, the best is still to come - I know Andy Dalton can also underperform like he hasn't show us so far, and this isn't the nadir of Smith and Fitzpatrick's abilities, either. I've seen you play worse, Smith and Fitzpatrick! Let's get back to it! *coaching clap* Also, I'm really excited that I have a chance to be the only team this year to bench the #1 QB for the #2, and then bench the #2 for the #1. I think that's a legitimate possibility with the Redskins this year.
  • Rob: 95
    • Dolphins - Matt Moore: 49
    • Raiders - Jason Campbell: 13, Kyle Boller: 12
    • Broncos - Tim Tebow: bye
    • Colts - Curtis Painter: 21
A solid week out of his QB backups (Matt Moore and Curtis Painter are both in the game due to starting QB injuries) and he notches a third to his list of lost starters. He was rooting for a Jamarcus sighting (of course, chances are slim to laughable, since Oakland is the team that initially waved Jamarcus off), but it looks like things are taking a turn for the worse this time: the Raiders signed Carson Palmer this morning. But despite none of his teams fielding the same guy they started last month, he still got edged this week by the heroic efforts of Sexy Rexy. Wooooo, no one beats Sexy Rexy! Except for John Beck, I guess.
  • Xian: 8
    • Texans - Matt Schaub: 2
    • Steelers - Ben Roethisberger: 2
    • Ravens - Joe Flacco: 4
    • Seahawks - Tarvaris Jackson: bye
Me: 8 points this week. That's grim times.
Xian: Man, I am losing.
Rob: Who screwed him over this week?
Me: Mostly the Seahawks. By being on bye.
Rob: Well, I didn't have the Broncos this week. They are going to be a juggernaut.
Me: I don't know, Rob. You can't get more benching points from them - they already benched their starting QB and they aren't going back to Kyle Orton. Unlike my Redskins. Who will invariably.... *apply sunglasses* .... be bringing Sexy back.
Roger Daltrey: YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!
  • GOOD QB NPC: 10
    • Patriots - Tom Brady: -2
    • Chargers - Philip Rivers: bye
    • Saints - Drew Brees: 18
    • Packers - Aaron Rodgers: -6
  • MEDIUM QB NPC: 4
    • Giants - Eli Manning: -2
    • Falcons - Matt Ryan: 6
    • Cardinals - Kevin Kolb: bye
    • Jets - Mark Sanchez: 0
  • BAD QB NPC: 81
    • Titans - Matt Hasselbeck: bye
    • Bears - Jay Cutler: 5
    • Vikings - Donovan McNabb: 60, Christian Ponder: 5
    • Rams - Sam Bradford: 11
I said last week that I regretted not taking the Vikings, and now I just wonder to myself what I could've possibly been thinking. I knew the Bengals and Bills had no one on their teams, to run, throw, catch, defend, etc. but I knew the commodity that was Donovan McNabb, and that should have tipped the scales in his favor. Despite Adrian Peterson, despite Jared Allen, he's putting up the kind of solid numbers I can only dream about. This was a man who didn't have a bad season, but was cut loose in favor of Kevin Kolb, who was ALSO cut from the Eagles, put up 70 points last week, and got benched for someone I have never heard of before in my life. And then he was traded within the division to Washington, where he made a mess of the season, and then got benched for Rex Freaking Grossman. What more evidence did I need? I need to invent time travel to go back and prevent this atrocity from happening.