Friday, April 15, 2011

Today: Planning Ahead 3

Debriefing from Grindstone: Too much grinding, obviously! Three days went by before I lifted my head from work. Awful. Well, for a person like myself, who doesn't like working for more than an hour at a time. Reality is so harsh sometimes.

So Today, I'm going to Look Forward to Vacation.

That is, I'm going to plan ahead for my vacation, which is coming up in about a week. Usually I don't understand the extreme excitement displayed by Nan and Ali about vacations. But they've been working for longer than me. Maybe after another few years of the daily grindstone of life, I'll be frothing at the mouth for vacations, too. In the life of a grad student, you just have more work to do when you get back, and it's not like I was exhausted by working nonstop and had to get out of the country just to stop myself from 20 hour days (again, I'm not an architect!)

Today I'm going to sort out what I need for this vacation and get it all in a carry-on sized bag. Maybe it's too early, but I haven't given the vacation much thought yet, and maybe it deserves a little planning. I find that if I don't plan vacations properly, they actually drain the Sanity Meter instead of filling it, and that's obviously not the purpose. On the other hand, Nan and Ali are so amped up for this trip that I can only assume that vacations immediately recharge their bars to full. To each his own.