Monday, April 4, 2011

LoL: Soraka Files Back in the Grave

Ok, it's not that bad. Don't commit her to a graveplot just yet. But it was a horrible weekend of gaming. Not just a day or a night. But all weekend was a constant festival of losing. And one of those last games, half our team (all those based in Houston) dropped just as we were ganking level 1 in the jungle, and somehow - SOMEHOW - the other team thought the free kill and free win was offensive behavior and needed to yell at the rest of us about it. I was super confused. I tried telling them that all of the Houston-based crew lost internet, but they yelled back in all caps what a rager one of them was, for quitting after a "failed gank". It was pretty obvious he wasn't moving or fighting back, guys?

Anyway. So deadly. Don't know how we still occasionally get matched with mouth-breathers.

Also, had to play most of the night with HRF, and somehow I long for the days of RagerFriend, who is on temporary sabbatical from games. That's messed up, that is. But maybe RagerFriend has confronted his ragey nature and is working on it, a little bit. Now it's a little less "WTF, you just lost us that game. Way to go" and a little bit more "Oh. Well, we're going to lose this one." Whereas HRF has just started to move into that small area of faith - where he believes we can be better than we are. That's a bad pace for us, because frankly, we aren't getting any better.

Is that a bad thing to say? Nan calls that 'lack of vision' or 'no ambition'. I suppose I can admit I have no ambition. I have no desire to be the best in the world at this, or any other, game. I'm sure it's a weird personal failing, to have none whatsoever, but that's what it is. Yes, I suppose I could quit my job, grit my teeth, and play LoL all day until I get better or die trying. But... I'm not going to. So the fact is, I'm not going to get that much better at the game, especially if all you've got is scathing comments, HRF.

How bad can it be, anyway? After all, an unambitious person with superpowers is, at worst, a waste of potential. Just enough ambition, and you may just save the world. But too much ambition, and bam! Supervillain.