Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Review: Castaways (boardgame) pt 2

Pretty poor outing for it's first run of four players, unfortunately.  I played with Z, Nan, and WJ, and it more or less sucked.  Well, Z was plenty invested, and both caught onto the rules immediately, and sneakily played to win, as I imagined the game would go.
Here's the crap part: WJ and Nan continued to play like loser-Pandemic.  WJ literally just fished on her turn, every turn, and surfed the web on her Nexus the rest of the time.  Nan was pretty much asleep in his chair.  Only Z and I were making any decisions to try and leave the island, and they would go along with whatever we determined had to be done next.  Neither of them made any effort to win, either.
Back to square one in looking for good co-op games.  Though, playing by myself (yes, the game can be played solo) was kind of interesting.  Lonely, I should emphasize, but interesting.