Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Today: Executive Decisions

Debriefing from Cleaning: One can never really finish cleaning, philosophically speaking. But this is pretty literal - I didn't get done. It IS better than when we started, and that's got to count for a lot, if I may say so.

Today I'm going to make some Executive Decisions.

Big group gathering this weekend, and it's going to be up to me to take charge this time. Order people around. Make sure things are secured. Captain this ship and boldly go, etc. etc.

It's time (maybe well past time) to get this party organized. But there's always the tricky undersides to captaining a crew - who will resent which decisions, and what kinds of decisions are stepping over my boundaries as Captain? It will take some serious pondering.

And maybe an executive-style chair to ponder in. I think that may be the first order of business.