Saturday, April 3, 2010

Report: FF13, 4 Hours In

Things you have heard elsewhere are true: the game does have a 30-hour tutorial/story section. Also, I particularly like Zero Punctuation's summary of the character classes for all Final Fantasy's, ever: Serious Spice, Manly Spice, Angsty Spice, Ethnic Spice, and Kooky Spice. Throw in "Cutesy Spice" and that's pretty much everyone.

I have to admit, the dialogue does annoy me a little bit. Maybe playing Uncharted 2 has ruined me for every other game ever. Which reminds me to put up a quick review of Uncharted 2. And I suppose I'm always particularly sensitive to the whiny-ass characters that show up in these types of situations. He's kind of killing me.

Naturally it's a beautiful game, right down to the menus and upgrade system. I mean, like, the menu where you level up? A delicate unfolding multi-colored series of crystals or whatnot. Pretty. I don't have requirements for beauty in games, but yeah, I'll be impressed.